• Slideshow Widget

    City of Lights | Personal Musings

    Thursday, August 1, 2013

    NYC! The city that never sleeps and the place that I'm proud to call home. I grew up in a small neighborhood in the Clinton Hill section of Brooklyn. Outside of living in Raleigh for the past few years, I've never lived anywhere else. I hadn't been home in a while SOOOO, after some thought I decided to go home for a few weeks. It would give me a chance to spend some time with my mom and grandma, meet the children from South Africa that my mom is hosting this summer AND see my best friend who recently moved to Seattle to be with her hubby. Not to mention that my sister-in-law could visit there with me and experience NYC like a New Yorker.


    Needless to say that my 11 day "vacation" was jam packed. We walked to our destinations the majority of the time (in 90+ degree temps) in true New York fashion, took the train to various places in The City and did theeee most every single day. But through it all I made sure to take some time for my photographic expression.


    I finally made it down to Lower Manhattan to see the Freedom Tower. You can see this building from virtually any point in NY, Brooklyn and Queens. It's crazy. It's even more impressive to see it up close.


    I also had the opportunity to  do an urban shoot with my Sis!


    But the highlights of the trip were spending time with my sister-in-law and mom as well as my South African brothers Clive, Happy and Maxwell! At the end of the day Family is where you can find the greatest joys of life. I love them all!

    Post a Comment