• Slideshow Widget

    Count On Me Through Thick and Thin... | Raleigh Portrait Photographer

    Friday, August 9, 2013


    Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art...It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival ~ C.S. Lewis

    Meet Angel! I had the awesome privilege of photographing her along with her friends this past week. Angel just recently celebrated a milestone birthday. Woot Woot! She was looking to do something to not only commemorate her life, but also the friendships that she had formed throughout her life. Hearing her vision for the friendship/girlfriends shoot, I was honored that she called on me to capture those bonds.


    Fun times were had by all! While I photographed the ladies...and a gent...we laughed, posed off and even sang. At one point during the shoot, we're walking down the street and the ladies bust out singing the theme song to the hit show Girlfriends...you know, with Joan, Maya, Lynn and Toni...anywho, these ladies did it and it made for some awesome memories for the photo album. Our gent was cool as cake and seemed used to the rambunctious outburst from the ladies.

    But what really touched me were the stories and the length of time behind each relationship. Angel shared with me how long she had been friends with each person. The responses varied from around 6 to 20 years! While she shared their stories, I photographed them. In those moments you could see the unbreakable bond between them as they recalled how they met and joys that they've shared. I'm thrilled that I was not only able to be a part of this experience, but to capture it for Angel.

    4 Responses to “Count On Me Through Thick and Thin... | Raleigh Portrait Photographer”

    1. This is sooo hot! I wanna do a girlfriend shoot! -Sade

      ReplyDelete
    2. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I can't wait to see the rest!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. You are so very welcome! Looking forward to delivering them to you!

        Delete