• Slideshow Widget

    Electric Run: The RDU Edition

    Saturday, September 14, 2013

    And the race ended with this...



    ...It all started when I heard about the Electric Run that would be taking place in Raleigh. Being one who is attracted to fun, interesting and crazy events, I knew that I wanted to shoot it. So my plan was to post up at both the beginning and the end of the race and shoot as a spectator. But when I answered a post in a Facebook Raleigh photography group, that plan changed.



    The post was from a local woman named Dina Marie, asking if anyone from the group planned to shoot the race. So me, being all super excited and stuff, responded with my plans to shoot as a lonesome spectator, and suggested that we meet up. Mind you, I had never even spoken to Dina Marie before, but I figured that it would be a fun way to meet someone who shares the same interest as me. So anyway, she told me that she had a press pass and would be floating around, shooting everything in between the start and finish. *GASP* How can I get one?!?! How did you get yours?!?!

























    She told me that she had simply emailed the organizers...Bummer. Never even occurred to me that one could email the organizers of an event and request such a thing. Silly me. BUT, I immediately went to the race website and emailed for a pass. Couldn't hurt, right? Well 2 hours later, way before I was shut down by the race organizers, I had a Facebook inbox from Dina Marie saying that she had secured me a press pass! OMG! Such an awesome stranger! That means that I can float around, taking pictures of all the electric people too! *insert joy dance*























    And float we did. The energy was CRAZY! We experienced 10,000 runners, even more glow sticks, organized light shows, glow tunnels and one serious after party. The rest is history! If not for Dina Marie, I would have missed out on all of the in between, so thank you! Xoxoxo. I had an awesome time photographing this race, BUT I think I may actually run in it next year. Hmmm, maybe I can do both. Till then!







    2 Responses to “Electric Run: The RDU Edition”

    1. Wonderful imagery. Love the fisheye shots!!

      ReplyDelete
      Replies
      1. Thank you Sir! The energy at the run was amazing. BTW, I'm officially a fan of the 10.5mm fisheye.

        Delete