• Slideshow Widget

    Branding Chronicles | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    Saturday, June 7, 2014

    Coming into 2014, I felt that I needed to step things up a bit over here at Chronicles Photography. I wanted to really infuse my personality and spirit into my brand. So I created a list. (my new favorite past-time) My list is inclusive of all the things that I need to tackle for Chronicles before the end of this year. Half-way through the year, (It's June ALREADY!), I feel like some real progress has been made. 

    First, I finally set up my office the way it needs to be in order for me to function properly. (Whew) When my space isn't correct, I'm not correct. I have to say that I'm pleased with the progress. I just need to figure out what to put on the walls and it will be close to complete. 

    Second, I finally chose my color palate! The official colors of Chronicles Photography are peach, navy, creme, gold and grey. The official materials are wood and chestnut leather. It's a combination of the materials and colors that I LOVE. Standing alone, they're great colors and materials, but when put together they can translate into classic, romantic and fun. These colors and materials are also incorporated into my space. 

    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    Third, I created some cute, yet functional, storage for myself. I'm pretty much at a place now where the things that I invest in need to be both cute and functional, OR can be made to be functional. (I have a DIY spirit) So trunks, wooden milk crates and fabric boxes are definitely serving a dual purpose over here.

    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    One of my favorite cute and functional things is the serving tray. It can hold loose items that would otherwise look like clutter on a bare desk. AND there's a fabulous selection in the stores now. My lamp, pen organizer (which is actually a toothbrush holder) loose papers and even my baby shoe sit in a serving tray on my desk. It makes a world of difference.

    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    My office/sanctuary also hosts my clothing closet. That includes all of my accessories too. I especially needed easy access to my necklaces. Originally I had them hanging from hooks on the wall, but that got old once I painted. I have this dress form that was just sitting here collecting dust, so I put her to work. Check out the image below. Isn't she fabulous? I wish that I could pull this look off! She wears all of my statement necklaces and my camera holster. She's a boss!

    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer

    There's still much work to be done, but a lot has already been completed. The beauty of it is that building a business is a never ending task. I'm just enjoying the ride and having a ball in the process.


    Chronicles Photography | Dawn Michelle Downey | North Carolina Wedding Photographer



    3 Responses to “Branding Chronicles | North Carolina Wedding Photographer”

    1. Do your thing Lady Dawn, show the rest of us how it's done!

      ReplyDelete
    2. i love this! your space looks like you! :)
      -sade

      ReplyDelete