• Slideshow Widget

    Duke Gardens Buds & Blossoms 2014 Photo Contest | Raleigh Wedding Photographer

    Thursday, May 15, 2014

    You know those moments where you participate in something simply for the fun of it, not really expecting anything in return? Well I had one of those when I submitted an image of a tulip standing apart from her peers to the Sarah P. Duke Gardens Buds & Blossoms Spring 2014 contest. I happened to be at the gardens scouting locations for an upcoming bridal shoot with one of my fabulous brides. The tulip garden was in full bloom and a sight to behold. As a photographer who happened to have her camera, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to snatch a few images. Later on, as I perused the Duke Gardens Facebook page, I realized they had a contest going on, so I submitted this...


    ...and it was selected as one of the winners! I'm so happy to have been able to capture a small portion of the beauty that is Sarah P. Duke Gardens. If you've never visited, make it a thing to do this summer. You won't regret it!

    Post a Comment